2012 Literary Classics Book Award Finalists
Congratulations to Colorado Children’s book authors Cheri and Peter John Lucking on becoming a Literary Classics Book Award Finalist.
The Award winning Christmas book, Santa and The Little Teddy Bear by Peter John Lucking, makes the list.
Literary Classics announced its 2012 selection of top book finalists for children books and young adults books today. The list includes finalists from entries received all over the world. The Literary Classics selection committee is proud to recognize the following titles in children’s and young adult literature which exemplify the criteria set forth by the Literary Classics Awards committee.
Literary Classics list of the best 2012 book award finalists is:
- Animalogy: Animalogy Analogies, Marianne Berkes
- Fantastic Flight, Barbara Bockman
- Black & White, Larry Dane Brimner
- The King’s Ransom, Cheryl Carpinello
- Walking Through Walls, Karen Cioffi
- Shield Maiden, Richard Denning
- Terple Always Dream Bigger, Richie Frieman
- Stalked, Kristiana Gregory
- Return to Finkleton, KC Hilton
- The Casting, Joyce Shor Johnson
- Griffin Rising, Darby Karchut
- The Reinvention of Moxie Roosevelt, Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
- Drawn, Marie Lamba
- A Box Story, Kenneth Kit Lamug
- The Limit, Kristen Landon
- Santa & The Little Teddy Bear, Peter John Lucking
- Beautiful Wild Rose Girl, B. Magnolia
- Bella & Harry Let’s Visit Athens! Lisa Manzione
- Bella & Harry Let’s Visit Cairo! Lisa Manzione
- Bella & Harry Let’s Visit London! Lisa Manzione
- Shelby & Shauna Kitt and the Dimensional Holes, PHC Marchesi
- Caves, Cannons and Crinolines, Beverly Stowe McClure
- Runaway Twins, Pete Palamountain
- The Stone Child, Dan Poblocki
- Clara’s Great War, Evelyn Rothstein
- In Memory of Dad, Maranda Russell
- Young Funny and Unbalanced, David Smithyman
- Sh Sh Sh Let the Baby Sleep, Kathy Stemke
- The Crystal Ship, CJ Carter-Stephenson
- The Great Divide, Suzanne Slade
- One Pelican at a Time, Nancy Stewart
- Sea Turtle Summer, Nancy Stewart
- The Orphan Ship, Sterling R. Walker
- My Sister is My Best Friend, Nicole Weaver
Final award levels and categories will be announced October 15, 2012.
Literary Classics, an organization dedicated to furthering excellence in literature, takes great pride in its role to help promote classic children’s literature which appeals to youth, while educating and encouraging positive values in the impressionable young minds of future generations. Judging is based upon the criteria set forth by Literary Classics’ highly selective awards committee which honors books promoting character, vision, creativity and learning, through content which possesses the key elements found in well-crafted literature.
The Literary Classics judging committee consists of experts with backgrounds in publishing, writing, editing, design, illustration, and book reviewing. To learn more about Literary Classics, visit their website at www.literaryclassicsawards.com.
See the list at Literary Classics website.